The Community National Schools seek to provide a high standard of education where each child is encouraged to reach his/her personal potential.
The schools are committed to a spirit of inclusion, equality and harmony where each child and member of the school community is valued equally and treated with respect and dignity.
The school will serve the local community in its totality. It will welcome children without prejudice to class, creed or nationality. Realising the central role of parents in the education of their children the school will reach out to serve the educational needs of parents.
The education of children is a two-way partnership between parents and school. In playing out this role shared by school and parents, the school will keep parents fully briefed on their child’s educational development and guide parents in the most effective way of collaborating with the school.
A Community National School is one where:
- The school becomes a centre of the local community
- Children are encouraged and supported in living their lives to the full
- High standards are the goal in teaching and learning
- Everybody is valued and treated with respect
- Diversity is recognised and celebrated
- Respect for plurality of faiths is seen as integral to the daily routine of the school
For our pupils we:
- Place the interests of the pupils first
- Promote a holistic approach to education, developing all aspects of the child – intellectually, physically, culturally, morally and spiritually
- Provide a top class education where each child is encouraged to reach his/her potential
- Are committed to the spirit of inclusion and equality, where each member of the school community is valued and treated with respect
- Set high expectations in a caring and nurturing environment
For our parents we:
- Promote an open and consultative environment, where parents are recognised as partners in their child’s education
- Encourage heir involvement in the education of their children and endeavour to support them in this process
As a staff we:
- Strive for excellence in all we do
- Create a welcoming and happy atmosphere in the school
- Value all members of the school community
- Support and encourage each other
- Listen carefully, communicate clearly
- Are committed to playing our part in developing the school as a learning organisation
- Nurture each child and focus on their positive attributes
- Work with outside agencies in the best interests of our pupils
- Take collective responsibility for all our pupils, the school environment, good staff relations, a nurturing work atmosphere and a positive school reputation
For our wider community we:
- Prepare our pupils to be fully active citizens in the community
- Reflect and cater for the needs of the community
- Work closely with community organisations and community leaders to enrich the education of our pupils
- Provide opportunity for the wider community to become involved in the life of the school
It’s hard to believe we have the month of September behind us. All our children are settling in very well. We have welcomed 4 new children into CROI and 78 new children to Junior Infants.
Enrolment for September 2022/23
We are currently enrolling for our 2022/23 Junior Infant class.